Thursday, January 05, 2017

Back To School

Hello loves,

School has officially started in De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde and I'm keeping my thoughts positive with my classes. I have just finished my first class for the day and I'm on a 3-hr break, waiting for my next class. This year, I'm doing things a little different because I'm no longer in a relationship. That ship has sailed and left me. Being single, in school, and having too much time in my hands is quite daunting. I don't know what to do with my time that was previously occupied with making my relationships work. I thought, maybe I should go back to blogging. So, here I am.

As you guys know, being back to school is all fun... up until the first 2 weeks. After that, things tend to get busy and you'll be in over your head with homework, projects, and in my case, thesis. In this post, I'm gonna list 3 things that I think would help you get through this semester.



If you guys don't know it yet or if you're new to my blog, I'm in a creatives course. I live and breathe stationery products like you won't believe. I really believe in writing in a journal, dabbling in typography, and using any kind of paper I can get my hands on to create something. I find being able to voice out your thoughts in a way that won't disrupt or cause harm to others, a sort of therapy when you're feeling stressed or burnt out.




Another thing that helps me get through my semesters is finding inspirations and pegs from magazines, blogs, music, and just about anything you're exposed to in your environment. On some times, you can even venture out and try to look for things that can inspire you to do your school works. One of the things I like to do is to buy magazines that are an issue back or so. I would then look for ads or maybe quotes from the articles that inspire me or makes me want to do projects similar to it. I find local magazines that have the same aesthetic as I do to be quite pleasing. It also makes a good wall collage decoration.


Last and definitely not the least, I believe veteran college students know this, coffee. Coffee is the holy grail for people that live off on caffeine when they're doing a lot of homework or projects. I can't even tell you guys how many times I've lived off on coffee, energy drinks, and power naps of 1-2 hours during midterms or finals week. If you're not a coffee person, I find exercise to be a good way to keep energized in a full day's worth of tasks. But since I'm not an early riser and more of a night owl, I tend to skip on the exercise and focus on the coffee.

It isn't a joke when people say sleep, as an adult, is a luxury. You really don't have the time to take 2-3 hours of napping when you're out juggling one errand to another. So, if there are freshmen or younger students reading this post right now... I suggest you enjoy your free time doing everything you want to do like travelling on the weekends, eating out with friends, or just sleeping 8-10 hours a day. It really is something you'll miss once you get to your major course subjects and thesis period.

I hope I've helped you guys in any way I can. Also, I started this post during my 3 hour break earlier today and I'm finishing this during my free time at my last class. It's almost 9pm and I'm ready to go home. So, thank you guys for being in my blog and I hope you read some of my other content. xx

Sign 


All photos are from Unsplash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...