Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Palawan: Relax and Enjoy


Hello loves,

How have you all been lately? I'm currently in the province with my relatives and we've been spending some quality time together. I'm sharing to you guys my Palawan trip in this post. I think, of all the places that I've been to, Palawan is by far the best in terms of overall experience. It really is a place you can't miss out on. I had high hopes for Palawan, truth be told, and not once was I disappointed.

We were in Puerto Princessa for a night, then we traveled to El Nido the following night. We stayed in El Nido for 3 days and 2 nights. In that short time, I fell in love with the place. I think I'll go back to Palawan again and again and again and never get tired of it. You can spend your days hopping from one picturesque island on to the next and still find something extraordinary in the next island. Just being there is an experience in itself. Of course, it's not all wonderful.


There are a few hagglers and some places that are difficult to visit but you can all charge it to experience. I think the only unpleasant thing about Palawan was the airport but if you compare it to other local airports, it's not that bad. What the facilities lacked was made up by the service of the people in Palawan. Of all the provinces I went to, they were truly and genuinely nice people. They had a certain personality that was likable and they made us feel as if it was a pleasure to be in their company.

From the tour guides, to the drivers, to random people you meet on the road, they're very friendly and they're open to helping you out if you need help in asking directions, someone taking your photo, or even having a friendly chat.


When it comes to food, I really have no complains. The Inn that we stayed in in Puerto Princessa had really delicious danggit, or dried fish. I highly suggest eating at some of the local delicacies in the area to get the overall experience of the city. They have a variety of exotic dishes such as Tamilok, or bamboo worm, and crocodile sisig or tapa. Of course, they have the usual breakfast food like bacon and bread and such. But if you're really adventurous, try some of the local delicacies.

On of the many perks of touring Palawan is the access to a vast ocean. Meaning, it's a seafood haven. I have always loved freshly caught seafood when it's cooked since you taste the fish, feel its tender meat, and get to enjoy it in numerous ways. I've seen lobsters as big as my forearm, clams as big as my fist, and fishes that's as long as my arm. It's really a feast for seafood lovers.


I also love the food they served us during our island tours. You can enjoy prawns, grilled squid, whole fishes, and even from tropical fruits as your lunch during your island hopping tours. The fishes are always fresh, the squid soft, and the prawns sweet. Yes, prawns are sweet. No, it's not because of the sauce. It's naturally sweet because it's fresh and the innards haven't gone bitter yet. They also offer you yellow watermelon instead of the usual red. I don't know why, but it's the small details like that that truly endeared me to Palawan and the people living in the island. They go the extra mile for you without adding to the cost you're paying them.

If you're wondering about what tour packages you should get, I'm telling you now that it doesn't really matter. I'm sure that you'll be loving every single one of it. When we got to El Nido, the weather wasn't that great and we had to adjust our tours depending on what the Coast Guard would recommend. There are times where the waves get too rough or the weather doesn't permit you to travel to the farther islands but I can assure you, wherever you might go... It's still worth going to.


Truth be told, I don't usually like taking photos of myself in half body or full body since I consider myself as a fatty. I've got body issues like the next girl, but when I was there in Palawan it seemed like it didn't matter. Due to the high rate of foreign tourists, it had an air of nonchalance. No one cared if you're wearing a size 14 or 16 tankini or bikini. No one cares about your big thighs or your arms that could be mistaken as thighs. It just didn't matter, so I felt safe enough to truly enjoy the scenery and the company I was with at that time.


One tip that I can give you guys about travelling to El Nido and Palawan in general is that, you shouldn't limit yourself to what you planned since the tours are subject to different conditions. One of which is the safety to travel from one island to the next in a certain tour. Every day, the tour agencies get advisories from the Coast Guard on what tours are cancelled or are not safe to travel. You'll be asked by your tour guides if you want to go to another tour and such. In our case, we had to change our tours on both days we were out island hopping due to the strong waves and the current of the water.

Even though our scheduled tours hadn't pushed through, the alternative tours were equally enjoyable and still breathtaking. You really can do a lot of things in Palawan if you keep your mind and options open. It truly is an adventure you'll be happy to take and experience. I don't think I have ever been so taken by a local province here in the Philippines as much as I have in Palawan. It's just simply a great place to travel to and explore.


Oh yeah, don't forget to re-apply your sunscreen/sunblocks every after island or before you go down the boat. It's really important since there's a high chance you'll get sunburned. It's also important to bring big bottled waters so you can drink in between islands to keep yourself hydrated and to be able to wash your face after dipping into the salty ocean water. You can also bring a cap or hat to help protect your face from extreme burning.

Take it from me guys, I know first hand how terrible it can get if you forget to wash your face with fresh water or if you forget to bring your cap during the island hopping tour. One moment you're happily sunbathing and the next thing you know, you have acne and incredibly sore skin. Please, don't even try it just to see if it will happen to you or not. Hahaha! xx

Sign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...