Monday, July 04, 2016

FGMM: Walang Hanggan



When I first heard this song, I'm not gonna lie, I cried. It made me think about a lot of things that's going on in my life and my relationship. I'm not going to go into further details since I've learned that discussing to other people your personal relationship with your partner, instead of talking to your partner directly, leads to further misunderstanding and distance. But I do want to talk to you guys about this song.

This is an OST (Official Soundtrack) of the Filipino movie, Ang Kwento Nating Dalawa. It talks about the journey couples undergo throughout their relationship. The fire and warmth of a relationship at the beginning of their journey to, sadly, the inevitable cold and bitter end. It asks how a couple goes from making promises of a future together to a future without the other. It asks the other person to come back and try again. As the song says, 

"Pangako mo walang hanggan.
Akala ko walang hanggan
pero heto tayo, sa dulo."


If I were to translate those lines from the song, it means "You promised forever. I thought it was forever but here we are, at the end." Poetic, isn't it? ? I truly appreciate this band for giving me a song that is a narrative of the journey many people go through in life. Sometimes, the people we are with now may not necessarily be the people we'll be with in the future. Our promises now may just be distant memories and broken oaths in the future. Often than not, we try to hold on and keep the relationship afloat then later on, we begin to make excuses and be miserable in the relationship. So you ask yourself, "Where did I go wrong? What did I do wrong? Am I not enough?" and it hurts when you realize that the answer to those questions is simply... you don't know.

So guys, enjoy the song. xx

Sign

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...