Monday, May 30, 2016

Context

If you see the trailers below, you might think... Ahh. Another romance film but this time about a woman and the man she loves who happens to be disabled. How beautiful their love will be and how they will withstand every struggle life sends them. I'm sorry to spoil you but... Yeah. I won't get into it. Me Before You is a movie worth watching for the sake of the story, if you're not that big of a fan of the actors.

I'll just discuss to you guys how much context can do to the storytelling of a movie. If you've read the book, you'll know what I mean when I say that trailers are baits. Just by seeing the trailers alone, you can see that they're advertising this movie as a love story, and it is one, but it's more than JUST a love story. It's a story about love, living, and of choices. I remember reading those last few pages and just... immersing into the story, the characters, the decisions they were making, and how real a work of fiction can get.



The trailers show bits and pieces of the movie to entice the audience in watching it. If I'd see these trailers, I'd say they're made for the female audience. Even the book, I'd say is more geared towards the female audience. You really can't help it. It's a romantic movie. One thing I don't like about the trailers though is the lack of hints to what is to come.

When I first watched the trailers, I'll admit, it was because of the actors. I love Sam Claflin and absolutely adore, my Khaleesi, Emilia Clarke. They're the reason I wanted to see the movie and why I got interested in reading the book. I wanted to know the story before I watched the story unfold on the big screen. Oh boy, I was not prepared for the emotional roller coaster the book had for me.




I won't talk about the book's story in this and it won't be a review post but I just wanted to tell you guys to give this movie a chance. It's not what you think it is about. Believe me, I was guessing and making my own conclusions while I was reading the book. When I got to the end of it, it was something I foresaw but I was hoping it wasn't so. The book was raw. It made me reflect on a lot of things, especially about how one lives his life and how we are who we are because of the choices we have and the limitations we set ourselves.



I'll end this post here. I hope I made you guys curious and hopefully you'll watch the movie. I'm sure that I'll watch this because I fell in love with the story and not just the actors playing the characters from the book. I also think Sam Claflin did a good job in portraying Will's charm and how charismatic he could be when he was in a good day. The movie will be out on Jun 03! So, buy the tickets and let's all watch the movie.


In a few days, tell me what you think of the movie.
I'd love to hear from you guys. xx
Sign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...