As the game of poker continues to grow in popularity around the world, many people have tried to take up the game and are throwing their own poker themed parties. Recently, I put together my own party for some of my friends and while we surely didn't play very inspiring poker, we still had a great time and the poker themed dishes and drinks really helped to make the party a success.
One popular favorite at my party was my Buffalo Chicken Dip. It is a great snack that goes fantastic with a poker party and can also be healthy. While the recipe calls for Fritos to be served with the dip, you can use celery, carrots, or crackers for those looking to cut back on the calories.
· Two 8 ounce packages of softened cream cheese
· Ranch dressing - one cup
· Red hot sauce - 3/4 cup
· One 10 ounce can of chicken or you can use fresh chopped or rotisserie chicken
· Fritos Corn Chips - Scoop version
· Mix and best ranch dressing, red hot sauce, and cream cheese.
· Fold the mixture into the shredded or chopped chicken
· Coat a pan with Pam and then spread mixture onto pan
· Bake at 360 degrees for approximately 15 minutes
· Apply cheddar cheese to top
· Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes
· Serve while hot with Fritos or healthy alternatives.
For those of you wanting something unique while choosing what to drink for your poker party, try out the below recipe for the Big Blind Cocktail. It is a mixture that goes down smooth and is guaranteed to help your guests have a good time. This drink was also a hit at my party and I will recommend that you might want to collect your player's keys at the door if you are going to serve many of these at your party.
· Vodka - One Ounce
· Gin - One Ounce
· Dry Vermouth - 1/4 Oz
· St. Germain elderflower liqueur - 1/4 Oz
· Orange bitters - 2 dashes
· Shake ingredients with ice.Strain into cocktail glass or preferred beverage container.
That's it for me today. Hope you guys enjoyed this! xx
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop