Monday, September 03, 2012

Pescetarian Living: First Slip Up

Hey you guys! As you know, I've recently become a Pescetarian and I've been strict with my no-meat diet for a good 6 months. Unfortunately, I had my first slip up last August 22 because of a burger joint near my school. I loved this burger joint, I think I still do now. I've said that I would never eat meat anymore, I could even control the craving of not eating meat during buffets, but I could never say "No" to this burger joint.

If you're from the Taft area, or the schools near it, you probably know what burger joint I'm talking about. It's Zark's Burgers and they have the most meanest and badass burgers I've ever seen. The photo below was my mom's order. It's one of their minor league burgers which is more affordable and not to mention smaller in comparison to their major league burgers.

I know what you're thinking, yes. Yes, you've read it correctly. That is a smaller version of their famous burgers. I'll show you guys what their usual burgers look like on my foodie log post that I'll be doing soon. So, you better watch out for that. I'll end my post here since I just wanted to tell you guys about my diet slip up. I really didn't like the fact that I ate meat and I couldn't control myself when it comes to Zark's but I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say that I didn't like it.

Don't worry though. I didn't give up on being a Pescetarian. I continued eating vegetables and seafood the next day because my stomach curled after I ate my burger at Zark's. I guess I wasn't used to the taste and composition of meat that I had a bad reaction to it. I think one of the things that I really don't like whenever I used to eat meat before was the heavy feeling you'll get after eating. You feel sluggish, wasted and to some extent, dizzy. I don't know if it's just me or maybe some of you guys experience it too, I'm just not used to meat anymore.

I think I'm going to be a Pescetarian on the long run. I just know it. I can feel it in my bones, deep inside my soul, at the very core of my existence, I don't want to eat meat.
Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...