Saturday, August 04, 2012

Inspiration Trunk: Prayers For Bobby


Prayers for Bobby

I saw this movie on my news feed and I just knew that I had to share it to you guys. I was so affected by it that I couldn't stop myself from crying and feeling such deep pain in my heart after the movie ended. If you guys haven't seen Prayers for Bobby, I suggest you watch it now. It's an inspirational movie that every parent, sibling and friend of an LGBT person should watch. I don't know if you guys know it, especially if you're a new reader, but I'm a proud supporter of LGBT communities. I'm proud to say that some of my most brilliant friends are gay and proud.

I know this movie is a bit old but I believe that it's still relevant to our times. It may not be for every body but I really suggest you watch it to inform yourself that things like this happen. When I say things like this, I meant teens killing themselves because they are not accepted by their peers, family and society as a whole for being who they are. I've said time and time again that being gay or a lesbian is not a disease. It's something you can't cure or something that you should be ashamed of. There is nothing wrong with being gay and it pains me to know that a lot of gay teens out there try to hide themselves just because they're afraid of what their parents might do to them.

If ever in the future I would have a gay son or a lesbian daughter, I would embrace them with arms wide open. I don't see the reason why we shouldn't love them just because they like the same sex. The events in this movie are based on a true story and I think that this being true makes it all the more heart wrenching. I can't even imagine the amount of pain a mother could feel knowing that their child is dead because he found no support, no shoulder to cry on, no rock for him to hold on to during the toughest times.

I just hope that by sharing this movie to you guys, I'm helping a Bobby be saved. I hope that somewhere out there, a parent sees this post and watches the movie. I hope that by posting this movie I would help inform parents that this could happen to their child and they have the power to save him. I hope with this act, I can save a Bobby.

Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

4 comments:

  1. Great inspiring article, I will check the movie out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Thanks for dropping by! I'll message you on IFB some time. xx

      Delete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through the forum on IFB. I'm now following you...if you'd like to follow me back my blog is http://lalamamma.blogspot.com.

    xo
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gina! Already did. Hope you found my comment on your blog! xx

      Delete

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...