Thursday, July 12, 2012

If I had 5,000 pesos...

Hello loves. Last night, before I went to sleep, I had this daydream about having 5,000 pesos. I know, I'm pretty shallow like that. While some people think about their lives and what-not before they go to sleep, I think about money. Hahaha!

Some people may not consider 5,000 pesos as a big amount but I really see myself spending that sum of money wisely and even saving up around 2,000 pesos. Although, I think I'm just all talk and no walk. I'm a spender, I admit it but I'm very frugal when it comes to my own money so I tend not to spend as much. Hahaha! I'm weird like that, or maybe not really. Anywho, if I were to have 5,000 pesos, hypothetically, here's a list of things I'll do with it.

1. Save 2,000 pesos for future use. I never want to be broke, like how I am now, ever again. I don't think I enjoy not being able to leave the house any time I want just because I don't have money. I also don't want to ask my mother for money just because I want to buy something. It just feels wrong, since I'm already 19, and I don't revel in the fact that I'm a useless bum. It's just not a very nice experience or feeling.
2. Buy DIY/Craft supplies. As of the moment, I don't have the resources to even buy tools for DIY projects and my DIY ideas are already piling up. My list is getting rather long and if I had the money, I'd buy a few supplies for my DIYs and craft ideas. I'm really thinking of buying Liquidtex, Mod Podge, sponges and paint but again, being a bum is a bummer. Hahaha! I'd spend around 1,000 pesos for this but that still depends on how much Liquidtex costs here in the Philippines as well as some of the paint I want to buy. I think I'm willing to spend up to 1,500 pesos of the 3,000 pesos that's left from the 5,000 pesos.
3. Buy clothes, shoes and books in thrift stores around the Metro. If you're a new reader, I'm guessing that you don't know my love for thrift shopping. Although I rarely go thrift shopping these days, I enjoy the thought of going to thrift shops and finding fashionable yet affordable clothes and shoes. I don't actually mind digging into piles of clothes or go through tens of racks just to find that one awesome piece. I actually enjoy it. Thrift shopping is very satisfying. You get the thrill of a treasure hunt and actually find a treasure that doesn't burn a hole in your wallet and pocket.
I think that's all I'll do with the 5,000 pesos. I know, it looks rather materialistic and shallow but that's how I want to use the money. Of course, all of this is hypothetical since I don't actually have 5,000 pesos with me right now. I don't even have a single cent on me. Hahaha! Oh, the problems of in-between schools! Kidding. I have no right to rant. I think if I ever have change from buying DIY supplies and from my thrift shopping, I'll buy a good snack or some frozen rice cakes in Nice Mart (100 pesos) to make teokkbuki at home.


What about you guys? What would you do with 5,000 pesos?
I'd love to know your answers. Leave them own below or maybe even send me an e-mail!




Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...