Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Eyelash Fallout Prevention Tips

Hey you guys! Today, I’ve decided to open my blog to contributors and guest bloggers. I’m thinking of doing this as much as possible so that you guys can find and learn different things on my blog. I really think opening my blog to these kinds of opportunities is really good. Don’t you think? I have one of my readers and a fellow blogger, Eli, share with you guys some tips on how to prevent your eyelashes from falling out. I hope you guys enjoy this and learn something from it. I know I learned something. :)

While most women are very meticulous when it comes to hair care, beauty experts say that women should be just as diligent in maintaining healthy eyelashes. Just like the hair on your head, you need to wash your lashes and give them a good conditioning so that you can prevent thinning and fallout. Such intensive care is important, not only for aesthetic purposes. Don't forget that it is your eyelashes that protect your eyes from dirt, sunlight, sweat and other foreign bodies.


If you want to know how to prevent your eyelashes from falling out, take note of the following tips…

1. If you are using mascara, first and foremost, make sure that you are using the water-resistant type instead of the waterproof one. Waterproof mascara speeds up drying of your lashes. It is also very difficult to remove so that you end up losing more eyelashes.

2. Always remove all makeup – including mascara and eyeliner – with a gentle makeup remover. There are great products that are specifically formulated for eye makeup removal. Never rub or scrub your eyes briskly when removing eye makeup. Instead, moisten a cotton ball in the remover or mineral oil and gently dab at your closed eyelids. These solutions will dissolve the makeup. Gently wipe way the mascara and eyeliner with the moist cotton ball. After this clean your entire face with warm water and soap. For oily complexions, don't forget to apply astringent.

3. Once you have removed your makeup, apply eyelash conditioner. Squeeze a small amount (about the size of a pea) on your fingertip (make sure you have washed your hands). Close your eyes again. Carefully massage the conditioner onto your lashes. In the absence of your eyelash conditioner, you can use petroleum jelly or Vaseline, but be careful that it doesn't get into the eyes because it may cause a burning sensation. Great natural conditioners include castor oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil.

4. Observe a healthy diet. Eat lots of proteins derived from lean meats, poultry, eggs, legumes, nuts and seafood. Eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and minerals, like magnesium and zinc. Don't forget to eat carrots because carotene is good for your eyelashes.

5. Keep hydrated. Drink eight 8-oz glasses of water daily.

6. If you’re curling eyelashes, don't use curlers with pure metal clamps as these may break or cut your lashes. The best type of curler has the clamps sheathed by rubber in order to protect your lashes.

7. If you notice any swelling, redness, crusting or pain in your eyes or eyelids, see a doctor immediately. You may have bacterial infection that will cause eyelash fallout. You will be prescribed with the appropriate medications.

8. Thin, fragile lashes that are also short may need a boost with an eyelash growth enhancer. Check out the many eyelash growth products that are available on the web. One of the safest, natural products on the Internet today is Idol Lash.

Learn more eyelash fallout prevention tips today and reviews of eyelash growth products at http://www.eyelashgrowthproductreviews.net/

xx Eli

-----------

Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for publishing the post Renee! I have several more beauty tips that O am happy to share :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just send them to my email! I'd love to have you as my guest blogger again! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow love these tips. Thanks for sharing this to us. Looking forward for more post from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking this post! I'm hoping Eli would grace my blog with more posts in the future too! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tips Ms. Renee, I’ll refrain from using waterproof mascara :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...