Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Pescetarian Living: Week 1

Hello there lovely ladies and gents! I have recently decided to become a pescetarian and I am proud to say that I have survived my 1st week. I can't believe that I have done it, well at least my first week. I really didn't think that I could do it because I'm a meat eater. I love bacon, lechon kawali and all sorts of meat viands. I was sure that I would binge in a day or two. Hahaha! I guess it's safe to say now that, a step has been made. I'm not going to make such a big deal with this since it's just my first week but I am proud of myself.


I really have to thank the diversity of food stalls, restaurants and hole in the wall type of food places near my school. I don't think I would survive if I didn't have a place I could go to. One of the places that I frequently go to is the Korean kiosk in Agno where I get to eat Kimbap. Kimbap, if you guys don't know is like sushi but with more vegetables. It is also bigger than a regular sushi and instead of raw fish, it has crab meat in it. I also found out that Kimbap has ham in it that's why I would pick it out so that I could eat. I particularly like this place because for 89pesos you can already eat a whole role of Kimbap with complementary kimchi and egg rolls. It's a good deal! Right?


The hardest thing that I had encountered this week was the buffet that I went to with my parents. We ate at Vikings in Mall of Asia and it was simply a delight. It was my first challenge because it was a place swarming with delicious meat products like lamb chops, tenderloin, and T-bone steak. Delicious! It was really hard for me not to look at them but I did it. I successfully maintained with my diet and I even enjoyed the buffet. I guess buffets doesn't really revolve around meat, on my part that is. I'm just really happy that I enjoyed the buffet without eating even a slice of meat.

Another thing that surprised me was that I'm starting to find the smell of meat repulsive. I am actually shocked that I am like this because I am a hardcore meat lover, but not as hardcore as my friend Airiz. I really didn't expect that I'd be very happy to eat fish. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, maybe not. I'm just truly happy of my decision and I hope that this change would be for the better. Anyway, I think I'll end my post here. If you guys know any good pescetarian recipes or fish recipes, then let me know. I'd like to try out making my own food once in a while and it might actually help me save some money. Ciao for now!





Leave me a little loving and I'll give you a lot of loving. ♥


Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...