Thursday, January 05, 2012

First Day of School

It's the first day of classes and I'm feeling the good vibes. I know someone in all of my classes and all I have is good vibes right now. Hopefully this will continue throughout the year specially this term. My professors in all of my classes for today are all wonderful and I think I'm going to enjoy my Monday/Thursday schedule. But, I have to be wary though, I can't be over-confident. I have a lot of things to work on and if I get side-tracked, I might be kicked out of school. No one wants that to happen right? That'll be such a shame for not only for me but also to my family. Oh the disappointment I'll bring! So, I really have to work hard and be a student not just a student.

My first class which was Great Works looked interesting. The professor was funny and the topics that we'll tackle is also interesting. We'll be talking about oppression in different great works of literature but we'll tackle it has a twist. We'll be reading literary pieces that makes use of animals as the characters of their stories. I don't know if we'll be tackling stories about animal oppression and animal rights or maybe we'll tackle the stories in a way that the animals become a representation of society. I find this quite curious. I just hope that I can be consistent until the end of the term and get good grades. Here are the books that we have to read by the end of this term:

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Maus by Art Spiegelman

Animal Liberation by Peter Singer

I won't tell about my other subjects since they haven't given the readings or it's too complicated for me to discuss the topics that will be discussed on the next meeting, which is on Monday. I have to go now though because I need to start reading one of the works above and I also have to start reading some of the chapters that one of my majors had already distributed earlier today. Adieu everyone!

Have you read the books above or have ebook copies of it?
Would you mind sharing it with me so that I won't have to buy it anymore?
Thanks in advance, you can just comment the link or what-not. :)


Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...