Friday, December 09, 2011

What's On The Telly?

Hello lovely readers!

You guys might not know this but I am a certified couch potato and I won't deny it. I have wasted more than 5 hours of my day in television. And so, I thought that maybe letting you guys know my TOP 5 TV SERIES would be something interesting and maybe you might want to check them out as well. So, here are my top five television series:

  1. DOCTOR WHO is a British television series from BBC that has been airing since 1963. Although not continuously, it has by far the most interesting and futuristic plot. It may not be like Star Trek or Star Wars but it does have something quite unique. I don't know if it's the adventurous theme of the story or maybe the adorable characters that are in it, but I just love this show from the bottom of my heart. If you're wondering what kind of show this is, do not guess. It's not a show about doctors, not that kind anyway, and it has nothing to do with amnesia or anything of that sort. I will not give spoilers but I will give you guys a gist of what you'll be experiencing. Okay. Doctor Who is the very synonym of, MIND FUCK. Got that? Got curious? Then, go watch it now!
  2. TRUE BLOOD is a critically acclaimed hit television series by HBO. It has some of the things that I truly fancy. One, vampires. Two, sexual chemistry. Three, magic. Four, suspense. And last but definitely not the least, Alexander SkarsgĂ„rd. I watch True Blood because of these things and you may say I'm superficial for liking the show partly because of the actor but I do not freaking care! What I like about this series is that it goes back to the old definitions of vampires, the Anne Rice type of vampires. Vampires that don't sparkle or vampires that give in too easily. What I like about these vampires is that they've returned to their animalistic and primal selves. It's very invigorating and truly a clincher. I really suggest that you guys watch it if you still haven't.
  3. GAME OF THRONES is another series that was made by HBO but it was taken from the book series, A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. This is another point for HBO for making such a well made series like this one. I cannot even say to you guys how much this show has captured my heart. What I like about this series is that, according to the book, it is unexpected. If you are so accustomed to watching series where the heroine always wins, well... You should watch this series and be shocked. I remember watching it for the first time, I was in tears by just a few minutes in it. Maybe I'm just a cry baby but I don't know. I just liked it. Some characters that I absolutely love here is Khaleesi and Khal Drogo. I swear to you! If you've seen Khal Drogo your eyes will... *v*
  4. MISFITS is another series from Britain but it's not made by BBC but by E4. It's about some juvenile delinquents that were struck by a radioactive lightning which in turn gave them different super powers. If you like, uncensored and just plain crazy plots then I suggest you watch this one. I swear to you, you will love it and its characters. My favorite is Nathan and Barry. I won't tell you why but you'll just have to figure it out for yourself. Wouldn't you? Hahaha! I think what makes this series really appealing to me is its characters and the possibility of it happening is actually quite high, if you are living in a dastardly world that is. I have to warn you though, this series is very explicit and it shouldn't be watched when children are near or they'd be cussing like hell withing the 1st episode. This also has some dark comedy effect on it so, better be prepared! Oh! And one more thing, I also love the effects or the cinematography of this series. It was just done so, artistically! Do watch it, yeah?
  5. JEKYLL is also a British series that is beyond me. It is a rethinking of the famous story of Dr. Jekyll and Hyde, as you might have guessed and it is simply astounding! I love the editing and again the cinematography of this series and how it has portrayed the two roles. Also, the actor who played Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, James Nesbitt, was just superb! I think I'm also biased here since the one who created this was Steven Moffat, who is also the current writer for Doctor Who. I just love how the series had progressed even if it has only a few episodes and only 1 season, I believe. I really recommend this to those that are looking for some good series but doesn't have enough time to watch the long ones out there. If you do want to give it a try, tell me how you found it? Yeah?

I have actually a lot more television series that I absolutely love but as of now, I think these 5 series are my favorite. If you are wondering why I'm into British shows, it's because I do find them more challenging and creative to watch. It makes me think. It makes me revel and try to understand. It gives me such a satisfaction to actually get what they're saying or know what'll happen next that it is almost as if the writers actually knew you're trying to outsmart them but you can't. I like the twists, the unexpected turns and most of all the production of it all. It's just pure eye candy but with nutrients. Hahaha! Does that even make sense?

Anyway, I still do watch a lot of series. I do watch How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Dexter, Sherlock, Merlin, Skins, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Torchwood, The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, New Girl and all those other stuffs out there. But I still prefer these series, for now. But let's see! I heard some of the British shows I stated above are having a new season. I also heard that The Walking Dead is doing pretty well too. So, let's see how my list would change in the coming year of 2012. :)


Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...