Saturday, December 31, 2011

Malabon Food Trip

Hey guys! How you doin'? (read that in a Joey Tribbiani voice. hahaha!)

I've been searching through some of our old pictures here in my laptop and my HD when I found some of the photos of a food trip in Malabon that me and my mom joined sometime last February. I just wanted to show this to you guys and maybe interest you into exploring Malabon. Actually, this was my first time in Malabon and I really didn't know the history of Malabon before that trip. But now, I shall always remember Malabon as a place for good food and rich history.
© Renee Jacobe 2011
This was one of our stops and I remember this place so vividly because of the delicious and exotic foods they have. I tasted my first Tapang Kabayo or Horse Jerky here and not to mention the most delicious food in very affordable prices I have ever eaten. I love their mechado and their sinigang. It's just too good to be below 100 pesos.
© Renee Jacobe 2011
Look at this cute bread! It's shaped into a pig! Although it isn't that special in terms of its taste but it does have that novelty side to it due to its super cute shape.
© Renee Jacobe 2011
This store is actually a hidden gem in Malabon. We were walking along the street and saw this small store where a lot of locals were buying this turon looking food and since we are foodies, we checked it out. We found out that the turon looking food was called Balenciaga/Valenciaga.
© Renee Jacobe 2011
Balenciaga is grounded pinipig, wrapped in lumpia wrapper and sugar. It's just such a sweet delectable. I just loved it and I'm actually craving for it now. Not to mention it's only 8 pesos, I think.
© Renee Jacobe 2011
Those are some places that we've went and eaten. The first one is Aling Upeng's where we bought this old fashioned Chinese quekiam. 
© Renee Jacobe 2011

© Renee Jacobe 2011
Then, we went to Arny Dading's where my favorite peachy-peachy was originally made. After that, we went to Dolors Kakanin where they sold different colored kakanins in a variety of flavors. My favorite there is the delicacy called "Sapin-Sapin". It's called like that because when you see the layers of that kakanin, it's made out of different colored kakanin ranging from red to violet to white.
© Renee Jacobe 2011
After we went to Dolors, we went to Lugaw ni Onoy where we saw a lot of locals eating. I had the usual goto, but one of our friends JP ate soup no. 5, I think. Soup no. 5 is something to eat for the adventurous ones. It's made out of cow testicles. I don't think I can ever eat something like that, I mean... Gah!
© Renee Jacobe 2011

© Renee Jacobe 2011

© Renee Jacobe 2011
© Renee Jacobe 2011

Some of the things we saw and ate in Malabon. Of course you can't say that you went to Malabon without eating their infamous pancit! I mean, they named it Pancit Malabon for crying out loud. Hahaha. And I guess that's that. I'll end my post here and I hope you liked my very first food related post.


Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...