Thursday, December 08, 2011

Classic Beauty: Brigitte Bardot

Hello lovely readers!

I remembered one of my projects in our French class was to showcase a celebrity that is of French nationality and my partner at that time, Victoria, chose the very vivacious Brigitte Bardot. If you don't know who Brigitte Bardot is, she is considered as a sex goddess or a symbol of sexuality during the 1950s. She entices all of those that watch her with her long legs, curvaceous body and the spunk that can only be seen in her.

Google

I remember looking into one of her music videos, because she also sings, and I was wowed at how modernistic her videos were. She was like Madonna or Lady Gaga in terms of her outfits in one of her music videos but then she can also turn it down and become the most angelic and sweetest girl out there. I think this characteristic of her, which is versatility, makes her more enticing to the Hollywood scene. I remember my mom getting shocked when I told her that Brigitte Bardot is French and not an American because all the while she thought that she was an American. That's how good and popular she became in the US that even some people would think she is from the US. Great isn't it?

Google
Google

"A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you."




Another fun fact about her is that even though she is perceived as a sex goddess and a symbol of sexuality, she is something more to that. She is actually an advocate to stop animal cruelty and loves animals very much so that she would actually do photo shoot hugging one or playing with one. As far as I know she is still an advocate towards the fight to end animal cruelty even at her age. She may not have the most successful relationships in the world but she does make it up with the humanitarian works she does.

For more photos of Brigitte Bardot...






"I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals."

"I have not always loved wisely, but I was young."

Sign
Facebook | Twitter | Formspring | Online Shop

1 comment:

  1. She´s so beautiful!!! Love this post!! Following now. Can you follow me back?
    Kisses from Perú
    Inés
    http://enisdaba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...