Thursday, October 13, 2011

Internet Connection Resumes


Hello loves!

Our internet connection has finally been fixed after 2 weeks of  no connectivity and hostility (towards PLDT). I can't even explain to you guys the horror that I felt when I found out we didn't have a connection. I also cannot believe that the typhoon Pedring was able to cut our telephone line from the main box. I didn't even know that was possible! Hahaha! It was crazy to not have internet connection for half a month specially when it's thesis time during those weeks. But I did find out some ways on how to survive without the internet. I know, I know. I sound like an internet crazy person, because I am but nevertheless, I just feel like everything has to do with the internet nowadays. It's hard not to get hooked on the net, it has everything!

Some tips on how to survive without the internet, specially when you're a student:
  1. Go to places where there is an internet connection. More or less most establishments nowadays have Wi-Fi which makes students life easier and I believe we should take advantage of that. Go to those trusted cafes like Starbucks and use their Wi-Fi to download important notes, get updated on the activities and what-not. At least, even if you do not have an internet connection at home, you still get updates once in a while.
  2. Read a book. I know, I know. This is a lot of bull to most people but reading books when you have nothing to do is a good thing, I wish that you guys actually read a book for the sake of reading and actually enjoy reading a book. Anyhow, reading your assigned reading and maybbe even doing some further reading on your lessons is also a good way to go.
  3. Get a life. Sorry, I just had to put it here. The internet sucks out the life out of a person. An extrovert can easily become an introvert when the internet has taken their lives. So, what I did when I had no internet connection was to actually go out with my friends, live a little and even just hanging out with my friends. It gives you time to actually have a social life when you are out of your virtual life.
So, there. I'll end it here. I hope you guys are doing well and I'll love to hear from you! Leave a comment, send a message even a question and I'd gladly answer them all for you on my next post and what-not. I'm also excited for the Bloggers Congress that DLSU will be having this Saturday. I'll blog about it later today or tomorrow if I have time.


Sign

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there lovely reader! Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I hope you drop a comment so I know you visited. I will visit each and every one of your blogs as soon as I can. Just leave them down below! :)

Kisses,
Renee ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...